During this uncertain and unprecedented time, we’re committed to keeping you up-to-date with the latest evidence-based findings and what we’re doing to help minimize the spread of the virus and maximize your family’s health.
We always take precautions in our practice to reduce infection and illness. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- We thoroughly wash and disinfect our hands between each patient.
- We wear single-use gloves and masks when treating patients.
- Instruments are sterilized after each use by an autoclave (a surgical-grade high-pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including COVID-19. We test our sterilizers on a regular basis to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Any surface that may get exposed to droplets gets wiped down after each patient visits with a medical-grade surface disinfectant that kills all known infectious diseases, including COVID-19.
In addition to the above standard measures, we will be exercising a higher standard of infection control protocols.
- We are a brand new specialty dental office and as such, our space is less crowded and very clean. Additionally, we will be spacing appointments to reduce the number of people in our waiting room.
- Our patient care areas are designed with extra space for increased safety and privacy.
- We’re adding single-use barriers (like plastic wrap) to difficult to clean areas.
- High-touch surfaces including door handles, phones, tables, chairs, and counters are being disinfected more frequently.
- Magazines and toys have been removed from our waiting area.
- We have implemented plexiglass in reception areas for added protection of your family and our team.
- As much as we love to greet our families, we’re swapping hugs and handshakes for elbow bumps.
We ask for your cooperation in making our office a safe space.
- If you or anyone in your family is feeling unwell, please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
- To maintain social distancing, please call us when you arrive and wait in your vehicle or outside of the office until your scheduled appointment time. The office will call you back when your treatment room is ready and a staff member will then greet you at the entrance.
- We will send you digital forms for your appointment.
- We will do our best to make (baby-safe) disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizers available in our waiting rooms, but please practice good hand washing hygiene too.